Antique-style marble fireplace with two statues
As the name ‘LE-VESTALI’ suggests, the statues of two Vestals adorn this decorative, antique-style fireplace. In ancient Rome, the Vestals – priestesses of the goddess Vesta – had amongst other things the task of keeping watch over the hearth in the temple of Vesta. This ancient Roman symbolism can be seen clearly reflected in the design of Classic Garden Elements’ LE-VESTALI fireplace mantel. In addition to the two Vestals on either side of the hearth, there are also opulent decorative elements to be enjoyed, such as delicately carved rosettes and garlands of flowers. The double frieze is as central to the design of the fireplace as the decorative surround that frames the firebox itself. In the product photo here, you can see the LE-VESTALI hand-carved from solid, cream-coloured travertine.
Advantages of a Classic Garden Elements marble fireplace
• Our classic fireplaces are based on historic English designs.
• The product photos show examples of the material, size and price of our fireplaces.
• Our fireplaces are hand-carved by experienced stonemasons.
• Each of our marble fireplace surrounds is a unique, made-to-measure piece.
• There are five kinds of marble to choose from, as well as travertine.
• Other kinds of marble and natural stone are available upon request.
• The estimated delivery time frame is within 12 weeks; fireplaces are delivered from Germany using our own van and driver.
• Our marble fireplace mantels must be installed on site by a specialist, such as a skilled builder.
• Our period fireplaces are purely decorative and can be used in combination with either an open fire, an electric fire or an ethanol fire.
• When you order one of our fireplaces, you are entering into a binding contract – please note that we are not able to offer returns or refunds.
• Due to the fact that our mantelpieces are all hand-carved and made from natural stone, the exact appearance may vary from what you see here in our product photos. These differences are not flaws in the product but rather the result of choosing to buy a unique, hand-carved product.
A bespoke, hand-carved chimneypiece in a unique design
Over the last few centuries, the hearth has undergone quite a transformation. Where once – in medieval times – it was simply a place in which to cook, today it has become a stylish interior design element. Antique fireplaces are pieces of history in and of themselves, reflecting the different styles and eras of the past. Opulent mantelpieces made from marble or wood have always been representative of power and success and were often found in the homes of the upper classes, such as manor houses, country residences and palaces.
Surprisingly, this tradition has continued almost seamlessly right up to the present day. From the Christmas address by the late Queen Elizabeth II and now by King Charles to meetings of important heads of state at the White House, there will often be an impressive marble fireplace visible in the background of the press photos. Today the symbolism and beauty of these magnificent mantelpieces is accessible to all who value exclusivity as well as more unusual and unique design features.
Our antique-style marble chimneypieces add a distinctively stylish touch to both historic and more modern spaces alike. Thanks to the fully customisable design of our natural stone mantels, the available space in your home, hotel or restaurant can be used to the full. When it comes to the colour of our marble mantelpieces, you have free reign to choose the colour scheme that would be the best fit for the style of your room. But whether you go for marble, travertine or another natural stone in black, white, light red or any other colour, your new fireplace is sure to add an exclusive, stylish touch to the space.