Antique-style marble fireplace surround made from solid marble
The famous English architect Christoper Wren was known for combining different architectural styles. He was incredibly skilled at containing opulent baroque ornamental details within a strict, classical framework. This tendency of his is echoed in the design of the FLORA-PUTTI marble fireplace mantel. For example, it is symmetrical and classically constructed whilst, at the same time, intensively ornate in style. The intricately carved statues of two women adorn the jambs on either side of the firebox. A cherub can be seen above each of them, bedecked with flowers. The wide frieze is broken up by various ledges, creating an eye-catching, layered effect. On the widest section of the frieze, a basket of flowers serves as the central point where various garlands of delicately carved floral ornaments come together.
As a decorative object in its own right or as a backdrop to a crackling fire, this strikingly beautiful antique-style mantel will bring more than just a touch of elegance to the room – it will give it a whole new ambience. It takes your breath away to see how the careful handiwork of the stonemason is enhanced by the unique grain and design of the marble. Let this wonderful marble fireplace mantel inspire you to look at your interior design in a whole new way.
Advantages of a Classic Garden Elements marble fireplace
• Our classic fireplaces are based on historic English designs.
• The product photos show examples of the material, size and price of our fireplaces.
• Our fireplaces are hand-carved by experienced stonemasons.
• Each of our marble fireplace surrounds is a unique, made-to-measure piece.
• There are five kinds of marble to choose from, as well as travertine.
• Other kinds of marble and natural stone are available upon request.
• The estimated delivery time frame is within 12 weeks; fireplaces are delivered from Germany using our own van and driver.
• Our marble fireplace mantels must be installed on site by a specialist, such as a skilled builder.
• Our period fireplaces are purely decorative and can be used in combination with either an open fire, an electric fire or an ethanol fire.
• When you order one of our fireplaces, you are entering into a binding contract – please note that we are not able to offer returns or refunds.
• Due to the fact that our mantelpieces are all hand-carved and made from natural stone, the exact appearance may vary from what you see here in our product photos. These differences are not flaws in the product but rather the result of choosing to buy a unique, hand-carved product.
Buy an exclusive, bespoke marble fireplace mantel
If you want to be able to enjoy your new mantelpiece in all its glory, it will have to fit seamlessly into your chosen room. In our online shop, you can specify your desired measurements and choice of stone. Perhaps travertine is the perfect choice of stone for you – or one of our various colours of marble. Where marble is known for its smooth surface made up of tightly packed crystals that range in size from fine to coarse, natural travertine is a type of limestone that is more porous and is characterised by tiny holes on the surface of the stone.
As for the colour of the stone, cream-white and white marble give an antique-style mantelpiece an elegant and calm appearance. Light-red and black marble, by comparison, create a more extravagant effect. But whichever colour of marble you choose, its unique shine and the structure of the stone will work in harmony with the delicate craftsmanship of the stonemason to create a truly eye-catching interior design element. As with any of the marble chimneypieces from Classic Garden Elements’ RIACE collection, in choosing the FLORA-PUTTI you are investing in a one-off, breathtakingly beautiful piece of art whose imposing design is sure to leave a lasting impression on all who see it.