Antique-style marble fireplace surround with two statues
Two female statues take on the role of guarding the fireplace from the left and the right. Bare-breasted and wearing flowing gowns, these two figures seem to support the weight of the marble fireplace with ease. The third woman found in the appropriately named TRIO-DONNE mantelpiece takes on a purely decorative role. Centrally positioned on the frieze above the firebox and framed within a carved medallion, this female portrait adds the finishing touch to this magnificent fireplace mantel, surrounded as she is with delicately carved garlands of flowers.
The opulent decorative features of this stunning fireplace mantel bring together a number of different architectural styles, whilst its feminine elegance is subtly accentuated by the light-red colour of the marble. As a result, despite the weight of the natural stone, the design of the TRIO-DONNE marble mantel feels light and lively.
Advantages of a Classic Garden Elements marble fireplace
• Our classic fireplaces are based on historic English designs.
• The product photos show examples of the material, size and price of our fireplaces.
• Our fireplaces are hand-carved by experienced stonemasons.
• Each of our marble fireplace surrounds is a unique, made-to-measure piece.
• There are five kinds of marble to choose from, as well as travertine.
• Other kinds of marble and natural stone are available upon request.
• The estimated delivery time frame is within 12 weeks; fireplaces are delivered from Germany using our own van and driver.
• Our marble fireplace mantels must be installed on site by a specialist, such as a skilled builder.
• Our period fireplaces are purely decorative and can be used in combination with either an open fire, an electric fire or an ethanol fire.
• When you order one of our fireplaces, you are entering into a binding contract – please note that we are not able to offer returns or refunds.
• Due to the fact that our mantelpieces are all hand-carved and made from natural stone, the exact appearance may vary from what you see here in our product photos. These differences are not flaws in the product but rather the result of choosing to buy a unique, hand-carved product.
Order a bespoke, hand-carved fireplace made from natural stone in white, cream, red or black
The colour you choose for your marble chimneypiece will have a significant impact on its overall character. When it comes to deciding on the right colour, you might think that the most important aspect to take into consideration would be the atmosphere of the room in which the mantel will be installed. After all, you want the bespoke fireplace to fit in harmoniously in your room of choice. However, this is only one way to look at it. We would be very happy to set up a personal consultation to advise you in your choice of material and colour.
For example, if you choose white or cream-coloured marble, then the delicate, feminine look and feel of the TRIO-DONNE gives way to more classical elegance. In black marble, by comparison, the feminine appearance and the details of the carvings take more of a back seat. The elegance of a black marble fireplace would fit in well in the context of a more modern or contemporary style of interior decoration. Finally, when carved from cream-coloured travertine, that light feminine feel is enhanced by a Mediterranean, somewhat rustic touch. But whichever colour and type of natural stone you choose, one thing’s for sure: the TRIO-DONNE will be a unique piece of art to be treasured and enjoyed for many years to come.